There are two methods for installing The Pine on your WordPress install. You can install the theme from your WordPress Dashboard, or manually using FTP.
Inside your zip file you’ll find two more zip files: the-pine.zip and the-pine-full-files-instructions.zip. the-pine.zip is the ready to go theme you’ll want to use for installing on your site. If you’re a developer you may want to use the-pine-full-files-instructions.zip as that file includes the full SASS files as well as documentation for the theme.
Installing with the WordPress Dashboard
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and select Appearance > Themes.
- From the Themes screen select Add New.
- From the Add Themes screen select Upload Theme.
- Select Choose File and select the the-pine.zip
- Click Install Now.
- Select Live Preview to preview the theme on your site or select Activate to select the theme for your site.
Installing through FTP
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to get the theme directory folder “thepine”.
- Using your file manager navigate to the /wp-content/themes folder of your WordPress install.
- Copy the theme directory folder “thepine” into the /wp-content/themes directory of your WordPress install.
- Within the WordPress dashboard navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- From the Themes screen hover over the screenshot for The Pine and select Activate.