The quote post format can be used to add a specific quote. It does allow for a quote source which can be linked to any link you would like. The quote format also gives you an area to enter a quote, a quote author, a quote author image, and quote source, and source link. The quote field does not link through to a single post page.
Using the Quote Post Format
- From the post editor select Quote from the Format metabox.
- A new metabox named Post Format – Quote will display below the title.
- Quote – The first field is a WYSIWYG1 editor that allows you to input text, images, or anything else you would enter from the normal WordPress post editor. This field is to be used for the actual quote copy.
- Quote Author Image – This field gives you an area to add an image for the quote author. This field is optional.
- Quote Author – This field gives you a text input to enter the name of the author of the quote.
- Quote Source – This field gives you a text input to enter the name of the source of the quote.
- Quote Source Link – This field gives you a link field for setting a link to a quote source. This link opens externally.